Bryce's Blog

my blog

By

My Childhood Toy

When I was little, I just couldn’t do without my Woody toy. It was the best toy in the world, and with it I was the most happy. Woody is a main character in the famous Disney movies Toy Story 1, 2, 3. On Woody was a brown cowboy hat that could come off and go back on. He also had a tan and brown plaid shirt and on top was a brown vest. He wore brown chaps and brown cowboy boots, and on the bottom of the boots was a name, my name. He also had a string on his back that when pulled would tell various cowboy phrases like “there’s a snake in my boot”, or “somebody poisoned the waterhole”.

Woody and I had many experiences together including some good, some bad and, some scary. Some that I can remember are when Woody and I were in the car with the window open and suddenly Woody’s hat fell out of the window to the freeway. I remember that I was so disappointed that my parents had to get another just to get another hat. Woody has there when I moved from California to Texas to comfort me when I lost all of my friends. Woody also had my back when I was scared like when I moved to my new school in Texas.

While I played with Woody I always felt happier. I loved that toy so much that I wouldn’t give him up for a while. Without Woody I have grown more mature but, sometimes I want to be a kid again and because of giving him up I can’t be a kid again.

6 Responses to My Childhood Toy

1. ryang728 says:

I really liked that you showed ways that Woody had your back and how he was always your friend as a kid. That you can’t be a kid now without Woody.

2. jackm655 says:

I think we all have been in your shoes! I too had a toy like that named, “Jake,” when I was little. Now you have friends like me who will have your back, no matter what.

3. josepht632 says:

I really like how you gave examples of your experiences with Woody — good, bad, and scary. This really shows how you had to be with this toy to be comforted.

I also like how you said when you gave Woody up you couldn’t be a kid again. Your last sentence really explains that all throughout your childhood, Woody was always with you. Great job on this!

4. Eli says:

I also had a woody toy. Mine had the pull string to talk. I also had a purple buzz light year, too.

5. boh308 says:

I loved toy story when I was little I couldn’t live with out my buzz light year

6. michaels566 says:

I used to love toy story when I was little also, and I still do. I used to have an awesome Buzz light Year action figure that I was totally obsessed with.